6.29.2004

Chocolate-Dipped Lavender Cookies, or The Best Cookies I Have Ever Had

Adapted from a recipe in Country Home magazine - which I wouldn't normally read, but I found a bunch of decorating magazines on the top of the recycling pile in my building, and I can't resist a decorating magazine, which is lucky for me because I found this recipe for cookies which are quite seriously without any exaggeration whatsoever, the best I have ever eaten. With a pot of Earl Grey tea of course.

1 cup butter - that's 2 sticks
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp lavender flowers
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate

Soften butter in the microwave and mix it up until it's light and fluffy. Add the sugar and keep mixing. Add the egg and mix some more. Mix the flour together with the baking powder and the lavender. Mix this in with the butter mixture. Drop the dough by teaspoons 2 inches apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool the cookies completely.
Melt the chocolate. Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate and place dipped cookies on parchment paper until the chocolate hardens.
Makes 48 small cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home